Slow Cooker Chicken Is One Of The Best Ways To Always Have Moist Chicken
Chicken is a great source of protein with several different options for preparing. It can also be hard to keep moist and about the only thing I can think of worse than overcooked eggs is dry chicken. Slow cooker chicken always comes out moist. It’s also easy to put everything into your slow cooker then go to work, come home and have dinner ready to dish up. You can find all 12 recipes here. I have put my favorite slow cooker chicken from the article below.
Slow Cooker Chicken Paprika
3 chicken quarters, large
2 tablespoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon salt, plus extra to taste
2 teaspoons garlic powder
6 medium potatoes, cut in half
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons capers
8 slices preserved lemon, about 1 1/2 lemons
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoons chopped parsley, plus extra for garnish
1. Cut the chicken quarters into two pieces removing any excess fat but leaving the skin on.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the paprika, 1 teaspoon salt and garlic powder. Sprinkle on the chicken and potatoes, coating well.
3. In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil on medium heat and sauté the chicken for about 10 minutes or until the skin is golden brown, turning once in the middle of cooking.
4. Put the chicken and potatoes in a large slow cooker. Add capers, preserved lemon and chicken broth. Give the pot a stir so the chicken and potatoes are both coated with the broth.
5. Cook in the slow cooker on high heat for 4 to 6 hours or until chicken and potatoes are tender.
6. Garnish with parsley the last few minutes of cooking. Serve chicken and potatoes garnished with some of the lemon wedges.